?

Log in

I have some tall friends

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> My Website
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Saturday, February 7th, 2009
7:48 pm - New blog
I'm writing here now:

http://giocondafalltrends.blogspot.com/

I'm not yet sure if I'm going to x-post.

(2 comments | comment on this)

Friday, April 18th, 2008
11:03 am - earthquake? what?
I like that I woke up in the middle of the night to find my bed shaking and it never occurred to me that it might have been an earthquake that caused it! No, in my half-asleep paranoid stupor, I had decided it was either ghosts having sex in my bed or the people below me were getting very active on the ceiling. And then I fell back asleep. After my morning glass of diet pepsi max, however, the earthquake idea makes a lot more sense.

(1 comment | comment on this)

Thursday, October 11th, 2007
1:23 pm - I feel so grown up!
I'm applying to grad school, I use a dishwasher, I cook, and I just created a gmail account! What's next?!

(comment on this)

Saturday, May 19th, 2007
8:02 pm - Because I'm clumsy and my sister's amazing
Apparently a conversation that took place in my home, which was transmitted to me via my sister writing on my wall:

mom: "dad! liz's facebook status says that she fell down."
dad: "i'm gonna hop on a plane and check on her"
mom: "tell her we feel her pain or however you say that in french"
mom: "how do you type like that, nan?"
mom: "you forgot to put that dad said he was gonna hop on a plane..."
mom: "why do we get colons anyway?"
mom: "and tell her that the news from the US is that they've changed the song on ice cream trucks."

Yes, I fell up the stairs in Châtelet. And somehow this created a gash the size of gashes that are big enough that you're like, woah, I fell up the stairs and got this small mildly gushing crevice, but not big enough that you have to go to the urgence (again).

(comment on this)

Friday, April 27th, 2007
4:13 pm - let's add to the list:
My friends and I took the night bus in the wrong direction at around 2am after St. Patrick's day, ending up in the outskirts of Paris, found out that we had to get off at this stop and take the same bus, but in the opposite direction, hopped off the bus and into the freezing cold, hopped on the right bus, arrived at Gare de Lyon at 5:30am, just in time to pee before the métro started running again at 5:45am.

We also went to a football match, France v. Austria. They do the wave here. AND they do it better. This one time, it lasted for about 7 repetitions. I'm not a sports person, but if I lived here permanently, I'd have season tickets just to participate in the crowd and be slightly rowdy now and then.

I went to: Strasbourg, Munich, Rome, Florence, Nice, and Barcelona over spring break.

Now I am back in Paris and finished a week of midterms.

Holla to all ya'll at U of I who are having finals!

(comment on this)

Sunday, February 25th, 2007
8:10 pm
I saw un film at the ciné today called "Je crois que je l'aime". Cute, kind of chick flicky, but funny. It was hard to understand all of it at first, but as I continued to watch it got better. I am mad I didn't bring my converse! A lot of people wear them here, along with skinny leg jeans tucked into tall boots... At least they're not Uggs :)

I start class tomorrow, yay!

(1 comment | comment on this)

Saturday, February 24th, 2007
1:49 pm - For those of you who don't know, I'm in France
I'm staying in a French foyer in the 15e arrondissement. My address is on facebook, as is my new number, if you need to contact me... Otherwise email is fine.

Anyway.... I've been here since Sunday, the 18th, I stayed in a hostel-y place with my program for the first week and we did tourist-y things like a bâteau mouche ride and the Louvre, and after having moved into our individual housing arrangements, we had a tour at the Musée d'Orsay and a pass at Versailles. It's been pretty fun, although adjusting to a different culture is frustrating at times. I had been to Paris three times previously, however living there and having to arrange things on my own is quite different. My credit card doesn't always work in certain machines, I have to recharge my minutes on my phone, and I have to figure out how to get around a new city. But everything has worked out pretty well, and I get along well with the people in my group. When I first arrived at the foyer, I was a bit disappointed by the lights that time out in the hallway, the tiny elevator, the paint chipped walls in my room and lack of very much light in the room, the old furnishings in general. But once I met some people in the dorm and got settled in, things began to seem brighter (although my room is still dark :) ). Everyone is really nice and says hello and I've had short conversations with some of the French girls living in the dorm.

Sorry this is not very eloquent, but I have not written in English (or French for that matter!) in a long time. There are a lot of things to say, and I'm used to speaking English with the other students from my class and switching to French for everyone else, pretty much. My classes start Monday.

Anyway, I'll write more later. I'm in McDonalds right now, yes, le Macdo, and it has free wifi, yeah! And it is around the corner from my dorm,.... yipee!

(1 comment | comment on this)

Sunday, February 11th, 2007
10:57 pm - waaah
I haven't been sick, like actually sick with two or more symptoms, in about 6 months to a year. Now that I am leaving to live in a foreign country for four months in less than a week, I have a runny nose, stuffy/poppy ears, a fever and general sick pains.

current mood: sick

(3 comments | comment on this)

Friday, February 9th, 2007
10:19 am - the movie thing
now you can marvel at how many normal movies I haven't seen...Collapse )

(comment on this)

Thursday, February 8th, 2007
3:39 pm
Anna Nicole Smith died today.

(comment on this)

Tuesday, February 6th, 2007
2:54 pm
Also, tonight I need to tape these two shows I "discovered (i.e. shows everyone else in the world started watching from the beginning and I am just now starting to watch them)" last week:

* "American Idol"-just funny. Sure, the judges can be mean, but the people trying out set themselves up for this kind of praise or ridicule. And I'm sure auditions not open to the American television watching public can be much more vicious.

followed by

* "House M.D."-Hugh Laurie with an American accent playing a strange doctor.

(4 comments | comment on this)

2:31 pm
http://www.studentsreview.com/viewprofile.php3?u=445&k=963260084

Um... Okay... I was just going to leave this link up here and without commenting on it, but:

Okay, yes, there is a lot of "propaganda". But it's not just by "anti-Christian" folk. Haven't you ever seen the kids in cowboy hats waving around giant Jesus flags proclaiming to everyone passing by "YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HELL" because these passersby may not follow this particular sect of Christianity? Or how about that group of people who believe that "Marriage makes people happy"? I don't think they're threatening your family and traditional values. And how is "free distribution of contraceptives and abortion drugs" an "infringement" of your rights? You don't have to take them. No one is stuffing them down your trousers or shoving them down your throat as you traipse by them on the Quad on your high horse. And I don't think I've seen homosexuality placed on a "pedistal". Yeah, there are drunk people around, and unfortunately, I'm sure there have been incidents of sexual assault. But it's a college campus. A public university. And pornography, masturbation, and fornication? As long as it's not in public, it's none of your business what other people are doing, and if it is going on in public, you don't have to watch. "Big lectures with little contact with professors." Yeah, there are some of those. But it depends on what classes you're taking. It's hard to avoid large classes when taking general education courses, but you're "Quite Bright". I think you can handle it.

(comment on this)

Wednesday, January 10th, 2007
2:28 pm - shooooot


In the year 2007 I resolve to:
Stop working my street corner.



Get your resolution here.



although my most recently purchased kinky boots are getting scuffed... perhaps early retirement is not such a bad idea.

(comment on this)

Monday, October 9th, 2006
3:36 pm
I just learned that two of the people from my prom group had a baby two months ago.... Wow.

(6 comments | comment on this)

2:09 pm
After already having turned in my linguistics midterm, I realized that I had used the word (or unword, which cannot be a word, because, as I learned in Linguistics 100, un- cannot generally attach to a noun, which is why the word "uncola" makes linguists giggle.) "creativeness" instead of "creativity", and had I been paying attention in linguistics class say 5 weeks ago, I would know that you can't attach -ness to creative to create "creativeness" because the word "creativity" already exists. This is called "blocking". However, apparently another kind of blocking exists, which is the blocking of my memory due to writing a 6 and a smidge page French paper this morning, which only discussed the first four out of 11 "Lais de Marie de France", because the paper was to be at least 5 pages long, and frankly, I had enough to talk about with four stories. And I needed to get to class to turn in the paper. It just turned out that they happened to be the first four stories of the book. I need a shower.

current mood: distressed

(comment on this)

Tuesday, October 3rd, 2006
7:27 pm - My new theme song
White & Nerdy

I especially like the part with the Segway... amazing.

(comment on this)

Saturday, August 26th, 2006
11:45 pm
http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/index.jsp?cat=STRANGE&fn=/2006/08/24/462231.html&cvqh=wiw_drunkest

probably due to all those beer-swilling Germans :)

(comment on this)

Wednesday, July 26th, 2006
3:28 pm - July so far
I've had contacts for two weeks now, and I still haven't figured out how to put them in.

I ran into a wall, dropped a cart with four boxes of programs stacked up on it on myself, causing me to fall backwards on my ass, and wandered in the men's restroom (okay it was closed and I needed to throw away something, so this actually was not an accident) in the space of half an hour.

I wondered why the rev's on my car were at 4,500 per minute while driving down the expressway at a constant rate, and then I realized (after panicking on the phone to my dad) that I was in the wrong gear.

On the plus side, though, my acne's kinda clearing up...

current mood: ow

(comment on this)

Thursday, July 20th, 2006
9:46 pm
ehCollapse )

(1 comment | comment on this)

Wednesday, July 19th, 2006
1:13 pm - oh my
Your Driving Is is: 77% Male, 23% Female

According to studies, you generally drive like a typical male.
You're confident in your driving skills, and hardly any situation gets the better of you.
And while you may have a few tickets under your belt, you're still a very good driver.

(comment on this)

> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com